Last updated: 16 March 2021
Ayubowan Pty Ltd t/s Ayubowan Health & Lifestyle Medicine ABN 16 640 497 650 of 23 McIver Place, Maroubra NSW 2035 (“we” or “us”) understands that you are trusting us with your personal information when you use our website and services.
What is personal information?
‘Personal information’ is any information or opinion about a person who is capable of being identified, regardless of whether the information or opinion is true or recorded in a material form.
What personal information do we collect and how?
The personal information we collect and hold will depend on the type of service you request from us. Generally, the personal information we collect includes:
- your name, email, address and any other relevant contact details when you contact us for information or engage us to provide you with our services;
- your date of birth, gender, and information about you that is required for the purpose of providing our services to you, including information about your individual circumstances, health and wellbeing information, and any other information we requested by us throughout the provision of the services. We only collect this information to the extent it is relevant to the services we are providing to you;
- information about your employees and other personnel, such as engagement survey data or information about their health and wellbeing. We only collect this information to the extent it is relevant to the services we are providing to you;
- your payment details (including credit card details) for processing our fees;
- photos and videos of you if we record a session or an event, but only with your express permission which may be obtained at the start of the session or event or in our services agreement with you; and
- information (in aggregated form) for the purpose of research or study (e.g. research into the effectiveness of a program we offer).
As part of the services you request, you may be required to provide us with certain information that is considered to be sensitive information, such as health information. If we collect such information, we will treat it with additional care and only use it for the specific purpose for which you have provided it. We will not share this with anyone else, unless we have obtained written consent from the individual that is the subject of the information.
We also automatically collect certain information when you visit our website. For example, your browser type, server address, IP address, how and when you use our website and the previous websites visited. We use this information on an anonymous basis and do not use it to personally identify you, unless we are required to do so by law.
How do we use personal information?
We use the personal information we collect for the following purposes:
- providing you with services that you have requested, including delivering the requested programs, breathwork and/or coaching sessions and activities;
- responding to your enquiries;
- planning, improving and promoting our products and services and developing our client contact list;
- complying with our legal, insurance and record keeping obligations;
- keeping you up-to-date with our products, services, events or promotions, but only if you have agreed to receive such information. If you no longer wish to receive this information from us, you can opt-out by using the unsubscribe facility in the communication or contact us via the contact information below; and
- any other uses notified to you at the time we collect the personal information.
How do we share personal information?
We may share personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- with our third party service providers, contractors or affiliates if we are engaging that third party to provide part of the program, session or activity to you or if we are facilitating the program or activity on behalf of a third party;
- with third parties for the purpose of research or study, but only in aggregated form;
- if you are participating in one of our programs (such as CHIP, Sum Sanos and LIft Program), with the program administrator for the purpose of running the program;
- if you are participating in a service that is being provided jointly with another service provider (such as other allied professionals and GP), with those joint service providers for the purpose of providing the services to you;
- if we have first notified you of a specific disclosure and obtained your permission; and
- if we are legally required to disclose the information. For example, if we are required to make the disclosure to comply with a subpoena or a court order or if we are required to contact local law enforcement or social services authorities.
Please be aware that we store some of our data on hosting and cloud solutions operated by third party service providers that assist us in operating our business. However, access to our client data is limited to authorised employees of our business and third party service providers.
We will not share personal information for any other purpose, unless we have first notified you and obtained your consent.
How we store and secure personal information
We take the protection of your personal information very seriously. We have implemented reasonable steps to protect any personal information that we hold from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure as well as misuse, interference and loss. However, please remember that transmission over the internet (e.g. via email) carries some inherent security risks and is never 100% secure. It is therefore not possible to guarantee water-tight protection for personal information transmitted over the internet.
What are your rights & choices?
You may be able to deal with us anonymously or by using a pseudonym in certain circumstances. For example, when you make a general enquiry about the types of services we offer. If you wish to do so, please call us to find out if this is option is possible in relation to your enquiry. If you choose not to provide certain personal information that we require, we may not be able to provide you with our services or other assistance.
Access and correction
You can request access to your personal information by writing to us using the contact details at the end of this policy. Your request will need to include the following:
- name and contact details of the person requesting access;
- details around the personal information you wish to access;
- your preferred method of receiving access to the information (email, post, phone or in person); and
- evidence that allows us to verify your identity and/or your authority to access the information.
We will review your request within a reasonable time and advise you of the process for accessing the personal information. If we deny an access request, we will tell you the reason for this.
We do our best to make sure the personal information we hold is accurate, complete and up to date. Please let us know if your personal information changes. You can also ask us at any time to correct your personal information and we will take reasonable steps to correct your personal information. If this is not possible, will provide reasons for not doing so.
How can you make a complaint?
If you are not happy about the way we have handled your personal information or you think we have breached our policy, you can make a written complaint via the contact details below. Please provide details of your complaint and any supporting evidence and information.
We will investigate your complaint and take appropriate steps to resolve your complaint. We will contact you if we need any further information and will advise you in writing of the outcome of our investigation as well as the steps we have taken. If you are not satisfied with our response, please contact us to discuss your concerns or contact the Australian Privacy Commissioner via www.oaic.gov.au.
Changes to this policy
We may make changes to this policy every now and then and will post the updated version of this policy on this page. Please take note of the ‘last updated’ date at the top of this policy and review this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of our website or services or provision of further personal information to us once this policy has been amended represents your acceptance of the amended policy.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about this policy or our privacy practices, please contact us via email at email@example.com, via phone 0466 045 410 or by using the form on the contact page of our website.